Candidates with extraordinary academic performance and R&D experience can apply through a Standing Committee. Applicants need to send their Curriculum vitae (CV) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) to email@example.com. Admission in this mode is restricted to Master of Science by Research and Ph.D. programmes. Applications can be sent through out the year.
In addition to being academically accomplished, the institute is looking for research scholars with a passion to engage in cutting-edge research and for those who aim to transform industry and society by developing new applications, systems and technology.
Hence, Prior working experience with a faculty member of IIIT-Hyderabad, along with a recommendation from the faculty member with willingness to act as an advisor and fund the student is required.
We especially encourage applicants with the following:
- Good-quality research publications
- Participation in research-oriented projects
- Work experience in R&D labs
- Work experience in industry
Candidates must submit applications consisting of a resume and statement of purpose. Applications may be submitted at any time of the year by email. Applicants may be called for interview if deemed necessary by the committee. The submitted resume must contain the following:
- Area of interest and Statement of purpose
- Publications, if any
- Research-oriented / innovative projects, if any
- Academic record from class 10 onwards
- Contact details
- Any other information that the candidate thinks relevant
Worthy candidates who are ready to do research may be admitted even during the middle of a semester. Course requirements can be met from the next semester onwards.
Tuition Fee and Financial Support for Master of Science by Research/Ph.D. Programmes
Tuition fees and financial support for the academic year 2023-24 is listed on this page.
- Full-time Ph.D. students are given scholarships that provide a monthly stipend between Rs. 31,000/- to Rs. 35,000/- depending on the stage of the student in the Ph.D. program.
- Students are provided generous travel support to present their published research work in reputed conferences.
IIITH offers competitive fellowship programs such as Ripple-IIITH Blockchain Ph.D. for deserving candidates. The fellowship amount under these scheme is Rs 50,000/- per month. Many of our Ph.D. students have been awarded corporate fellowships such as from Google and TCS.