IIITH is a research focussed university with active engagement from students starting from the undergraduate level. The Ph.D. programme trains the students to do world-class research by imparting the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitude. Ph.D. students publish their research work in leading international journals and conferences in their respective areas. The programme attracts students from all corners of the country, in addition to some international students. You can find information about various research areas by visiting the following research centres web pages.
- Communication: Coding Theory, Internet of Things, Wireless Communication Networks: 5G/6G, Unmanned Aerial Vehicular Networks, Milli-meter Wave Communication, Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (SPCRC, SCRC)
- Robotics: Computer Vision, Control Theory and Applications, Mechanism and Dynamics, Path planning and Navigation (Robotics, CVIT)
- Computer Vision: Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Bio-Medical Image Processing and Multimediia Systems (CVIT)
- Signal Processing: Image Processing, Speech Recognition, Multimedia Systems, Target Localization and Tracking (SPCRC, CVIT)
- VLSI: Analog and Digital VLSI Design, IoT and Embedded Systems, Optics and RF, Flexible Electronics (CVEST)
- Full-time Ph.D. students are given scholarships that provide a monthly stipend and cover tuition fees. The total stipend amount varies from Rs.20,000/- to Rs.35,000/- depending on the stage of the student in the Ph.D. program.
- Students are provided generous travel support to present their published research work in reputed conferences.
- All students can also gain experience in teaching via Teaching Assistantship positions.
IIITH offers many competitive fellowship programs such as Ripple-IIITH Blockchain Ph.D. and
KCIS Fellowship for deserving candidates. The fellowship amount under these schemes is Rs 50,000/- per month. Many of our Ph.D. students have been awarded corporate fellowships such as from Google and TCS.
Alumni of our Ph.D. programs can be found in leading research groups in industry and academia. Many of our Ph.D. graduates successfully hold faculty positions in highly reputed institutions.