IIITH is a research focussed university with active engagement from students starting from the undergraduate level. The Ph.D. programme trains the students to do world-class research by imparting the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitude. Ph.D. students publish their research work in leading international journals and conferences in their respective areas. The programme attracts students from all corners of the country, in addition to some international students. You can find information about various research areas by visiting the following research centres web pages.
- Kohli Center on Intelligent Systems (KCIS)
- Smart City Research Centre (SCRC)
- Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Centre (INAI)
- Data Sciences and Analytics Center (DSAC)
- Language Technologies Research Center (LTRC)
- Robotics Research Center (RRC)
- Center for Security, Theory and Algorithms (CSTAR)
- Software Engineering Research Center (SERC)
- Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT)
- Center for VLSI and Embedded Systems Technology (CVEST)
- Computer Systems Group (CSG)
- Machine Learning Lab (MLL)
- IT for Agricultural and Rural Development (ITARD)
- Cognitive Science (CogSci)
- Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI)
- Centre for Quantum Science and Technology (CQST)
- Full-time Ph.D. students are given scholarships that provide a monthly stipend and cover tuition fees. The total stipend amount varies from Rs.20,000/- to Rs.35,000/- depending on the stage of the student in the Ph.D. program.
- Students are provided generous travel support to present their published research work in reputed conferences.
- All students can also gain experience in teaching via Teaching Assistantship positions.
IIITH offers many competitive fellowship programs such as Ripple-IIITH Blockchain Ph.D. and KCIS Fellowship for deserving candidates. The fellowship amount under these schemes is Rs 50,000/- per month. Many of our Ph.D. students have been awarded corporate fellowships such as from Google and TCS.
Alumni of our Ph.D. programs can be found in leading research groups in industry and academia. Many of our Ph.D. graduates successfully hold faculty positions in highly reputed institutions.